The Department of Stage Technology can be regarded as a point of intersection between art and technology. The highly qualified team supports students and teachers in the implementation of their artistic ideas.
Through intensive teamwork of all those involved in a production (musicians, performers, stage directors, dramaturges, stage designers, technicians) solutions are elaborated so that ideas can be implemented and realized. The central tasks of the Department of Stage Technology are to guarantee the best possible results in rehearsals and performances whereby valid norms and university guidelines have to be observed. In cooperation with lecturers and students the Department of Stage Technology conveys appropriate technical sets of rules in practical usage and legal, technical, and safety regulations (such as performance law, the law on venues for performances, safety guidelines, fire prevention etc.). The department also supplies competent advice on technology and offers expert advice regarding equipment for the various departments with regard to the technical side of performances.
Another central aspect is the training of apprentices (training to be a performance technician / specialist for performance technology).
The working locations include the venues and rehearsal stages of the Universität Mozarteum Salzburg as well as guest venues when required.
Venues which are constantly supervised:
- Grosses Studio
- Theater im Kunstquartier
- Solitär (chamber music hall)
Venues supervised as required:
- Kleines Studio
- Gunild Keetman Saal (Orff Institute)
- Rehearsal stages in the opera department
- Rehearsal stages and rehearsal studios in the drama department
The tasks of the Department of Stage Technology comprise the following:
- Technical support for all kinds of events held at the university (opera, drama, concerts, dance, symposia and lectures etc.)
- Supervision of rehearsals and performances
- Finishing, construction and maintenance of stage sets or their technical implementation
- Stage equipment and technical support for sets
- Production of lighting / sound / projection concepts and plans by agreement with the participating artistic department
- Planning and carrying out special effects for performances
- Organising, providing and testing energy supplies
- Knowledge and application of professionally relevant hard- and software (operational systems, application programmes) according to the latest technical standards
- Testing, maintenance and repair of all electronic machines and equipment, operational equipment, technical production and back-up facilities, according to the valid norms and standards
- Planning, supervision and organisation of guest productions
Deputy Head of Department: Fachoberinspektor Thomas Hofmüller
Anna Sophia Hofmüller